In Lessons Beyond Medicine, WTVP looks back at the growth of the Peoria-based college, one of four campuses of the University of Illinois College of Medicine, from its first two-room office at the then-First National Bank building to today's expansion of world-class research facilities. The special explores the many ways in which the College of Medicine affects Central Illinois, including the only full-service HIV/AIDS clinic, assistance at community health clinics, medical care at autism and cerebral palsy centers, a clinic for abused children and a rural physicians training program.
Lessons Beyond Medicine also will give viewers a glimpse of the future, including new research to cure cancer and Alzheimer's Disease, and the development of a state-of-the-art simulation program.
- University of Illinois Collage of Medicine at Peoria
- University of Illinois Collage of Medicine at Peoria Facebook Page
- University of Illinois Collage of Medicine at Peoria YouTube Channel
- Heartland Partnership: UICOMP Cancer Center Groundbreaking
- Heartland Partnership: UICOMP Cancer Research Center Update
- Heartland Partnership: UICOMP Cancer Center Ribbon Cutting Celebration
- Heartland Partnership: UICOMP Cancer Center Full Ribbon Cutting Ceremony