And the winner is...
After weeks of voting on which primetime shows are viewer's favorites, we have a winner...
Masterpiece has been a winner with audiences for 50 years and still airing every Sunday at 8 PM or catch up on WTVP|Passport! Viewer Heather Crawley won the WTVP prize package. Thanks for voting everyone!
Choose the all-time favorite primetime WTVP-PBS program
It may not be easy to narrow down your favorite(s) from all of the amazing science, nature, news, how-to, music, cooking, history, drama, and local public affairs programming over the years. But hey, life is full of choices. And every vote you cast enters your name to win some great prizes!
Here's how it works!
- Round 1 starts with 16 programs (listed below) representing a cross section of WTVP and PBS primetime programming.
- Cast your vote for one program listed in each of the Round 1 pairings (link below) beginning on Monday, March 1.
- On Friday, March 5, we’ll tally the votes and eliminate half of the competing programs.
- The eight top vote-getters will move to Round 2. Voting will re-open the following Monday, March 8. Vote for one winner in each of the Round 2 pairings.
- This will continue through four one-week rounds until one program is named the WTVP Viewer’s Choice on March 29.
- A Viewer’s Choice prize winner will be drawn at random from all voters during all four rounds of the contest.
Four Rounds, One All-Time Favorite
- Round 1 — March 1–5 (16 Choices)
- Round 2 — March 8–12 (8 Choices)
- Round 3 — March 15–19 (4 Choices)
- Round 4 — March 22–26 (2 choices)
- March 29 — Winning Program Announced!
- Prize Winner Drawn!
Official Rules — WTVP Viewer’s Choice, Primetime Edition
WTVP has set the following guidelines and rules for the WTVP Viewer’s Choice contest:
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter
- Employees of WTVP are not eligible to win
- No purchase necessary to enter
- All entries must be submitted online
- Chance of winning depends on the number of eligible entries
- Voters need not be WTVP members to win
- Entries accepted March 1 to March 26, 2021
- Winner will be drawn at random from all entries on or before March 29, 2021. Winner will be announced no later than April 5, 2021.
- Prize package* to be announced
- Winner must pick up prizes at WTVP, 101 State Street, Peoria, IL 61602.
- Taxes are the winner’s responsibility
* No prize substitutions or cash value
Here’s what you can win!
When the winning program is announced on March 29, we’ll toss all of the voters’ names into a hat and then pull one out. That person will win:
- A selection of WTVP and PBS merchandise and DVDs
- A six-month subscription to the WTVP Program Guide. Keep it for yourself (non-members) or give it to a friend, family member, neighbor or co-worker (current members).