Equus: Story of the Horse: Origins (1 of 2)
Sunday, December 6, 5:30 PM on WTVP-World 47.3
The relationship between man and his noble steed is almost as old as civilization itself. Ever since the mysterious beginning of our extraordinary partnership, horses helped shape the human world. At the speed of a horse, our ancestors conquered distances and built empires. Together, humans and horses flourished side by side. What makes us so perfect for each other?
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Sun, 11/29/2020 @ 7pm
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Sun, 11/29/2020 @ 11pm
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Mon, 11/30/2020 @ 7am
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Sun, 12/06/2020 @ 5:30pm
Equus "Story of the Horse" | Episode 1: Origins
Discover the origins of the horse and how it changed our world forever.
Equus "Story of the Horse" | Episode 2: Chasing the Wind
Take a global tour of the most fascinating members of the modern horse club.
Equus: Story of the Horse: Chasing the Wind (2 of 2)
Sunday, December 6, 7 PM on WTVP-World 47.3
Discover how humans have partnered with the horse throughout the centuries, creating more than 350 breeds found all around the world.
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Sun, 12/06/2020 @ 7pm
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Sun, 12/06/2020 @ 11pm
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Mon, 12/07/2020 @ 7am
Santa's Wild Home
Wednesday, December 9, 8:30 PM
Get an intimate look into life in Lapland, fabled land of Santa Claus and actual home of tenacious wildlife such as reindeer, wolverines, brown bears and more.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 11/25/2020 @ 7pm
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 11/27/2020 @ 3am
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 12/09/2020 @ 8:30pm
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 12/11/2020 @ 1:30am
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Sun, 12/13/2020 @ 7pm
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Sun, 12/13/2020 @ 11pm
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Mon, 12/14/2020 @ 7am
Preview of Santa's Wild Home
Journey to Lapland, where tales of Santa Claus mingle with hearty wildlife.
Animal Odd Couples Preview
It's time to challenge the notion that only humans form lasting friendships.
Animal Odd Couples
Wednesday, December 16, 7 PM
Despite the odds, there are countless stories of the most unlikely cross-species relationships imaginable: a goat guiding a blind horse; a doe who regularly visits her Great Dane surrogate mother; a juvenile gibbon choosing to live with a family of capuchins, and so on. Instincts gone awry? The subject has mystified scientists for years. Now, NATURE investigates why animals form these special bonds. Informed by the observations of caregivers and noted scientists Temple Grandin and Marc Bekoff, the film explores what these relationships suggest about the nature of animal emotions.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 12/16/2020 @ 7pm
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 12/18/2020 @ 2am
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 12/20/2020 @ 2am
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Sun, 12/20/2020 @ 7pm
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Sun, 12/20/2020 @ 11:30pm
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Mon, 12/21/2020 @ 7am
Snowbound: Animals of Winter
Wednesday, December 23, 7 PM
Travel across the snow globe with wildlife cameraman Gordon Buchanan to meet animal survivors of winter, from the penguins of Antarctica to the Arctic fox and the bison of Yellowstone. Snow looks magical, but it's a harsh reality to these animals.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 12/23/2020 @ 7pm
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 12/25/2020 @ 2am
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 12/27/2020 @ 2am
- WTVP-WR 47.3 - Tue, 12/29/2020 @ 11am
Snowbound: Animals of Winter | Preview
Learn the survival strategies of animals who live in the coldest places on Earth.
Cold Warriors: Wolves and Buffalo Preview
In Canada's vast plains, the biggest buffalo and wolves in the world do battle.
Cold Warriors: Wolves and Buffalo
Wednesday, December 30, 7 PM
For thousands of years, wolves hunted buffalo across the vast North American plains until the westward settlement of the continent saw the virtual extinction of these vast herds and their eternal predators, the wolves. However, this ancient relationship was not lost altogether and continues uninterrupted in just one location -- on the northern edge of the continent’s central plains in a place named Wood Buffalo National Park. Today the ancestors of those ancient buffalo and wolves still engage in epic life and death dramas across this northern land. Packs of wolves up to 30 strong hunt the largest land mammals on the continent -- buffalo.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 12/30/2020 @ 7pm
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 12/31/2020 @ Noon