KENNEDY CENTER AT 50
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, 8 PM
Echoing An American Pageant for the Arts, the 1962 event conducted by Leonard Bernstein, this special celebration and re-launch of live, in-person performing arts in America is hosted by six-time Tony Award winner Audra McDonald with special guest Caroline Kennedy and featuring the National Symphony Orchestra (NSO). The concert will be directed and choreographed by Emmy Award® winner and Tony Award nominee Joshua Bergasse and feature newly announced conductors JoAnn Falletta, Steven Reineke and Thomas Wilkins.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 10/01/2021 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sat, 10/02/2021 @ 12 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 10/04/2021 @ 2 AM
GENESIS: THE LAST DOMINO?
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 3, 9:30 PM
Despite the complications and uncertainties of the global COVID pandemic, and without confirmed dates, the band made the decision to spend the time and money so they would be prepared once the world returned to normal. The film follows the creative and emotional processes involved and features band interviews and live performances from the spectacular yet-to-be-seen show.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 10/03/2021 @ 9:30 PM
ROADS MOST TRAVELED:
PHOTOJOURNALIST DON BARTLETTI
MONDAY, OCTOBER 4, 10:30 PM
In The Roads Most Traveled, Pulitzer prize-winning photojournalist Don Bartletti shares heart-wrenching stories from his 40-year career documenting history as it unfolds. Internationally recognized for his commitment to photographing the migration of Central Americans to the United States, Bartletti’s images reveal the never-ending saga of illegal immigration.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 10/04/2021 @ 10:30 PM
Three Divas at Versailles Preview
Isabel Leonard joins Nadine Sierra and Ailyn Pérez to perform timeless selections.
GREAT PERFORMANCES AT THE MET
THREE DIVAS AT VERSAILLES
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, 9 PM
Sopranos Ailyn Pérez and Nadine Sierra join forces with mezzo-soprano Isabel Leonard, as well as pianist Vlad Iftinca and guitarist Pablo Sáinz-Villegas, for a program of favorite arias and scenes, transmitted live from the Royal Opera of Versailles in France.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 10/08/2021 @ 9 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sat, 10/09/2021 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 10/11/2021 @ 3 AM
MONDAY, OCTOBER 11, 9 PM
When homosexuality was considered a mental illness to be “cured," cruel treatments like electroshock, castration and hysterectomies were employed. LGBTQ+ activists fought a powerful psychiatry establishment that had things dangerously backwards, including a key demand to remove homosexuality from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 10/11/2021 @ 9 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 10/12/2021 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 10/13/2021 @ 2 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 10/13/2021 @ 7 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Thu, 10/14/2021 @ 12 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Thu, 10/14/2021 @ 8 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 10/16/2021 @ 11 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 10/17/2021 @ 3 AM
Trailer | Cured
When homosexuality was considered an illness to be “cured," LGBTQ activists fought back.
Raising the Future, The Child Care Crisis
PBS NewsHour introduces: "Raising the Future, The Child Care Crisis"
RAISING THE FUTURE: THE CHILD CARE CRISIS
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 9 PM
PBS NewsHour reports on America's broken childcare system, communities on the front lines and new political momentum for major reform in the post-COVID era.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 10/12/2021 @ 9 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 10/13/2021 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 10/13/2021 @ 6 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 10/13/2021 @ 11 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 10/14/2021 @ 3 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Thu, 10/14/2021 @ 7 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 10/15/2021 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sat, 10/16/2021 @ 2 AM
ANGELS ON HORSEBACK: MIDWIVES IN THE MOUNTAINS
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17, 6 PM
In 1925, Mrs. Mary Carson Breckinridge led a team of spirited women to Leslie County, Kentucky, and established a demonstration of unprecedented health care to rural Appalachia. Frontier Nursing Service was the resulting organization that utilized horses as transportation over mountainous terrain and foreign nurse-midwives as caregivers. Angels on Horseback: Midwives in the Mountains explores the driving force, trials, triumphs and harrowing tales of the dedicated women of the Frontier Nursing Service.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 10/17/2021 @ 6 PM
BECOMING HELEN KELLER
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 8 PM
Revisit Helen Keller’s rich career and explore how she perpetually put her celebrity to use to advocate for human rights in the pursuit of social justice for all, particularly women, the poor and people with disabilities.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 10/19/2021 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 10/20/2021 @ 12 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 10/21/2021 @ 2 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 10/23/2021 @ 12:30 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sat, 10/23/2021 @ 2 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 10/23/2021 @ 8:30 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 10/23/2021 @ 2:30 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 10/30/2021 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sun, 10/31/2021 @ 12 AM
BOB ROSS EXPERIENCE
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 9 PM
The Bob Ross® Experience is a new documentary that goes behind-the-scenes of the making of a one-of-a-kind interactive museum exhibit devoted to Bob Ross, the beloved artist and host of The Joy of Painting ®.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 10/22/2021 @ 9 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sat, 10/23/2021 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 10/25/2021 @ 3 AM