THE ELEPHANT AND THE TERMITE
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 7 PM
From mighty elephants to tiny termites, an entire community of creatures call the waterhole their home. In arid regions across Africa, the waterhole is central to everyone’s life. It is where animals visit to drink, and where some creatures are born and die. Every visit is charged with tension, for a waterhole is the perfect place for predators to wait in ambush.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 11/03/2021 @ 7 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 11/05/2021 @ 3 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 11/07/2021 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sun, 11/07/2021 @ 7 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sun, 11/07/2021 @ 11 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Mon, 11/08/2021 @ 7 AM
Preview of The Elephant and the Termite
Elephants and termites create lifesaving waterholes for thousands of other creatures.
Preview of Born in the Rockies: First Steps
From spring to summer, follow new animal mothers through the trials of raising a family.
BORN IN THE ROCKIES: FIRST STEPS
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 7 PM
Journey deep into the wild heart of North America’s Rocky Mountains and experience this rugged land through the eyes of its iconic wildlife. Follow the drama as newborns make their way in one of the most challenging and spectacular habitats on Earth.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 11/10/2021 @ 7 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 11/12/2021 @ 3 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 11/14/2021 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sun, 11/14/2021 @ 7 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sun, 11/14/2021 @ 11 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Mon, 11/15/2021 @ 7 AM
BORN IN THE ROCKIES: GROWING UP
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 7 PM
Follow the lives of the courageous animal families struggling to survive in one of the most challenging habitats on Earth: a herd of Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep and their newborn lambs; a mother grizzly bear and her cubs; and a flock of sandhill cranes and their offspring. Witness their struggle to survive through the seasons as they face off against predators, the elements, and sometimes, even each other.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 11/17/2021 @ 7 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 11/19/2021 @ 3 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 11/21/2021 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sun, 11/21/2021 @ 7 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sun, 11/21/2021 @ 11 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Mon, 11/22/2021 @ 7 AM
Preview of Born in the Rockies: Growing Up
Young animals face new challenges as winter envelopes the Rocky Mountains.
My Life as a Turkey - Preview
MY LIFE AS A TURKEY
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 7 PM
Deep in the wilds of Florida, Joe Hutto, wildlife artist and naturalist, was presented with a rare opportunity when he arrived home one day to find a bowl filled with wild turkey eggs on his doorstep. Having always hoped to imprint young turkeys to learn about their world, he went out immediately to obtain an incubator, determined to become their mother. It was an experience that would change his life in ways he could never have imagined. He began speaking with them even before they hatched, and bonded with them in their first moments. Then, day after day, for over a year, he lived as a turkey mother, taking on the full-time job of raising 16 turkey chicks. He learned their language and their ways, and in time, he became about as close to being a turkey in human skin as nature permits. But eventually, his children grew up, and Hutto had to let them go off on their own.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 11/24/2021 @ 7 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 11/26/2021 @ 3 AM