TOUCHING THE ASTEROID
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1, 8 PM
A NASA spacecraft called OSIRIS-REx attempts to reach out and grab a piece of an asteroid named Bennu to bring it back to Earth. The OSIRIS-REx team has just three chances to extend its spacecraft's specialized arm, touch down for five seconds, and collect material from the surface of Bennu. But if they can pull it off, scientists could gain great insight into Earth's origins and even learn to defend against rogue asteroids that may one day threaten our planet.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 06/01/2022 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 06/02/2022 @ 12 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 06/02/2022 @ 12 PM
GREAT ESCAPE AT DUNKIRK
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1, 9 PM
As France fell to the German armies in May 1940, 400,000 allied troops were trapped on the beaches of Dunkirk. Their annihilation seemed certain—a disaster that could have led to Britain's surrender. But then, in a last-minute rescue, royal navy ships and a flotilla of tiny civilian boats evacuated hundreds of thousands of soldiers to safety across the channel—the legendary "miracle of Dunkirk."
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 06/01/2022 @ 9 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 06/02/2022 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 06/03/2022 @ 4 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 06/03/2022 @ 12 PM
THE TRUTH ABOUT FAT
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15, 8:30 PM
Scientists are coming to understand fat as a dynamic organ—one whose size may have more to do with biological processes than personal choices. Explore the mysteries of fat and its role in hormone production, hunger and even pregnancy.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 06/15/2022 @ 8:30 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 06/16/2022 @ 12 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 06/17/2022 @ 1:30 AM
LOOK WHO'S DRIVING
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 8 PM
After years of anticipation, autonomous vehicles are now being tested on public roads around the world. As ambitious innovators race to develop what they see as the next high-tech pot of gold, some experts warn there are still daunting challenges ahead, including training artificial intelligence to be better than humans at making life-and-death decisions. How do self-driving cars work?
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 06/22/2022 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 06/23/2022 @ 12 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 06/23/2022 @ 12 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 06/24/2022 @ 4 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 06/26/2022 @ 2 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Tue, 06/28/2022 @ 6 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Tue, 06/28/2022 @ 11 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 06/29/2022 @ 7 AM