Great television continues on WTVP, even amidst the short days and cold nights of January. Here are a few highlights of what's in store for lovers of documentaries, drama, history, architecture, sports and more.
SHELTER ME: BUILDING INSPIRATION
SUNDAY, JANUARY 2, 9 PM
Host Jackson Galaxy (aka The Cat Daddy) features a group that mobilizes an army of volunteers to renovate an animal shelter. This construction project transforms a lot more than just the building. This feel-good story is about people coming together to improve their community. We also see a unique adoption event where a mayor turns his City Hall into Kitty Hall. Shelter Me tells uplifting stories about animals and the people who love and help them.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 01/02/2022 @ 9:07 PM
Preserving Democracy: Pursuing a More Perfect Union
PURSUING A MORE PERFECT UNION
THURSDAY, JANUARY 6, 8 PM
Follow the pursuit of democracy from the Revolutionary War through recurring civil rights progress and backlash cycles, the 2021 Capitol riot and beyond. Explore the impact of voter rights and a civics curriculum on engaged and informed citizens.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 01/06/2022 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sat, 01/08/2022 @ 2 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Fri, 01/07/2022 @ 7 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 01/08/2022 @ 12 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 01/08/2022 @ 8 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 01/08/2022 @ 2 PM
A RECKONING IN BOSTON
MONDAY, JANUARY 17, 9 PM
What happens when you discover that your assumptions are flawed? A white filmmaker starts his academic inquiry by documenting low-income adult students of color at the Clemente Course in Boston. Over time, he comes to terms with his own complicity in racism. Alongside the students, a unique filmmaking collaboration forms to explore the area’s history of racism and gentrification.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 01/17/2022 @ 9 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 01/19/2022 @ 2 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sat, 01/22/2022 @ 2 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 01/19/2022 @ 6:30 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 01/19/2022 @ 11:30 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Thu, 01/20/2022 @ 7:30 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 01/22/2022 @ 11 AM
Trailer | A Reckoning in Boston
A filmmaker teams with Clemente Course students to reckon with Boston's racial history.
LEGACY OF LOVE
MONDAY, JANUARY 17, 10:30 PM
This documentary reveals the romantic relationship between Coretta Scott and Martin Luther King, Jr. when they met as college students; where they came from, where they went and what they were doing; and their dreams for a life of activism and family. They were committed to making the country a better place from the beginning. In the end, they made the world a better place. The film shows that history and makes it relevant to today’s audiences — utilizing living witnesses, interactive storytelling and graphic animation.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 01/17/2022 @ 10:30 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 01/19/2022 @ 6 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 01/19/2022 @ 11 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Thu, 01/20/2022 @ 7 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 01/22/2022 @ 12:30 PM
GREAT PERFORMANCES: REOPENING
THE BROADWAY REVIVAL
TUESDAY, JANUARY 18, 8 PM
Pull back the curtain on some of Broadway’s most popular shows, revealing how the New York theater industry undertook the monumental process of turning the lights back on after its longest hiatus in history due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A music-filled, intimate production told by the people who’ve been achieving the entertainment industry’s largest comeback.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 01/18/2022 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 01/19/2022 @ 12 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 01/20/2022 @ 3 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 01/21/2022 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 01/23/2022 @ 3 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 01/22/2022 @ 7 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 01/22/2022 @ 11 PM
Trailer | Not Going Quietly
After being diagnosed with ALS, Ady Barkan launches a national movement for health care.
NOT GOING QUIETLY
MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 8 PM
A rising star in progressive politics and new father, Ady Barkan’s career and family are upended when he is diagnosed with ALS at age 32. After a chance encounter with a powerful senator on an airplane catapults him to national fame, Ady and a motley crew of activists storm across the country, igniting a once-in-a-generation movement for health care for all Americans.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 01/24/2022 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 01/25/2022 @ 12 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 01/26/2022 @ 3 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 01/28/2022 @ 12 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 01/26/2022 @ 6 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 01/26/2022 @ 11 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Thu, 01/27/2022 @ 7 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 01/29/2022 @ 11 AM
MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 9:30 PM
In the projects of Watts, Meryland Gonzales, a 12-year-old female boxer, trains to be crowned the 2019 Junior Olympics champion. Meanwhile, her immigrant parents work tirelessly to give their child a shot at achieving her dreams.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 01/24/2022 @ 9:30 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 01/25/2022 @ 1:30 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 01/26/2022 @ 4:30 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 01/28/2022 @ 1:30 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 01/29/2022 @ 12:30 PM
Roberto Clemente Preview
Roberto Clemente was an exceptional baseball player and humanitarian.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 25, 8 PM
Born in Puerto Rico, Clemente was an exceptional baseball player and humanitarian whose career sheds light on more significant immigration, civil rights and cultural change issues. He would die in a tragic plane crash.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 01/25/2022 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 01/26/2022 @ 12:30 AM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 01/31/2022 @ 2 AM
DAVID ADLER GREAT HOUSE ARCHITECT
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 10 PM
Adler was Chicago’s “society architect” of the very wealthy, but his work is all over the country. Interestingly, he shunned public attention, and his clients were unsolicited. They could have hired anyone. They selected him. Adler, ultimately, chose to let his work speak for itself. Most of his grand, classical homes still stand 100 years later and are cherished by owners. At least 12 of his homes are on the National Register of Historic Places.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 01/26/2022 @ 10 PM
RFDS: ROYAL FLYING DOCTOR SERVICE
THURSDAY, JANUARY 27, 10 PM
Based on remarkable real-life stories, this gripping drama series follows the modern-day heroes of the Royal Flying Doctor Service as they navigate private lives as turbulent and profound as the heart-stopping emergencies they attend to across some of the most beautiful and inhospitable places in the Australian outback.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Thu, 01/27/2022 @ 10 PM