MATTER OF MIND: MY ALS
MONDAY, MAY 1, 9 PM
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a neuromuscular disease with an average survival time of 2-5 years from diagnosis. In this intimate exploration, three people with ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease, bravely face different paths as they live with this progressively debilitating illness.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 05/01/2023 @ 9 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 05/02/2023 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 05/03/2023 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Thu, 05/04/2023 @ 1 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Thu, 05/04/2023 @ 9 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 05/06/2023 @ 11 AM
MONDAY, MAY 1, 10 PM
While most of the world watched in shock when Russia invaded Ukraine, the artists, musicians, writers and keepers of culture in Ukraine rose to the challenge of defending their homeland in any way possible. This episode looks at several of these people to see what inspired them to speak out and what they want the rest of the world to see in their genuine struggle for Ukraine's identity.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 05/01/2023 @ 10 PM
MONDAY, MAY 8, 9 PM
This coming-of-age documentary about generational trauma follows Sam Harkness from age 11 to 36 as his middle-class Seattle family is heartbroken and unsure of what to do after his mother suddenly leaves them. Woven together with home movies, lovingly crafted by Sam's half-brother, director Reed Harkness, witness a boy grow up grappling with the ripple effects of a singular traumatic event.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 05/08/2023 @ 9 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 05/10/2023 @ 2 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 05/10/2023 @ 6:30 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 05/10/2023 @ 11:30 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Thu, 05/11/2023 @ 7:30 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 05/13/2023 @ 11 AM
CELEBRATING 50 YEARS OF BROADWAY'S BEST
FRIDAY, MAY 12, 8 PM
Celebrate 50 years of Great Performances with this homage to past programs.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 05/12/2023 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sat, 05/13/2023 @ 12 AM
MONDAY, MAY 15, 9 PM
In this autobiographical exploration of survivorship, New Orleans journalist and filmmaker Jasmín Mara López unabashedly shares her healing process from childhood sexual abuse. After Jasmin discloses to her family she'd been abused by her grandfather, she liberates others to come forward to confront a culture of silence over generational trauma.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 05/15/2023 @ 9 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Wed, 05/17/2023 @ 7:30 PM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Thu, 05/18/2023 @ 12:30 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Thu, 05/18/2023 @ 8:30 AM
- WTVP-WORLD 47.3 - Sat, 05/20/2023 @ 11 AM
FRIDAY, MAY 19, 8 PM
Starring Danai Gurira (Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, The Walking Dead) in the title role with Tony Award winner Ali Stroker (Oklahoma!) as Anne, Tony Award nominee Robert O'Hara (Broadway's Slave Play) directs this Shakespearean tragedy spotlighting one of The Bard's most indelible villains as part of Great Performances' 50th anniversary season.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 05/19/2023 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sat, 05/20/2023 @ 12:30 AM
AWAKENING IN TAOS:
THE MABEL DODGE LUHAN STORY
SUNDAY, MAY 21, 9 PM
Mabel Dodge Luhan was a trailblazing feminist 100 years ahead of her time. She was a champion for Women and Native American rights. In 1917 she moved from Greenwich Village to Taos, New Mexico. There she married Tony Lujan, a Tiwa Indian from Taos Pueblo.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 05/21/2023 @ 9 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 05/22/2023 @ 1 AM
THE FOOD PRINCIPLE
ARCHITECTS AND BUILDERS
TUESDAY, MAY 23, 10 PM
Food connects us and plays a pivotal role in some of humanity's greatest challenges: from climate change to biodiversity loss, health and wellbeing to social justice and inclusion. In The Food Principle, we'll explore this idea together, side-by-side visionaries fighting at the front lines of conservation and community.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 05/23/2023 @ 10 PM
FRIDAY, MAY 26, 8 PM
Enjoy this London production of Cole Porter's classic musical led by Sutton Foster, who reprises her Tony-winning role as Reno Sweeney. It's directed by Kathleen Marshall with favorite songs like I Get A Kick Out of You and You’re the Top.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Fri, 05/26/2023 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sat, 05/27/2023 @ 12:30 AM
LIDIA CELEBRATES AMERICA
FLAVORS THAT DEFINE US
TUESDAY, MAY 30, 8 PM
Chef and Italian immigrant Lidia Bastianich shares stories of first, second and third-generation Americans shaping the shifting definition of being an American. As America grows more diverse than ever, immigrants must figure out how much of their culture to keep and what to leave behind, and many are more openly sharing their heritage with a new country they now call home.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 05/30/2023 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 05/31/2023 @ 12 AM