NATIONAL MEMORIAL DAY CONCERT
SUNDAY, MAY 28, 7 PM AND 8:30 PM
The 2023 National Memorial Day Concert marks the 34th annual broadcast on PBS, bringing us together as one family of Americans to pay tribute to the service and sacrifice of the men and women who have given their lives for our country. Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna return as co-hosts, joined by actress Mary McCormack and other artists along with renowned pops conductor Jack Everly and the National Symphony Orchestra. Mark one of our nation’s most sacred national holidays on WTVP, with back-to-back showings of this moving 90-minute tribute.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 05/28/2023 @ 7 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 05/28/2023 @ 8:30 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 05/29/2023 @ 12:30 AM
CENTRAL ILLINOIS MEMORIAL DAY REMEMBRANCE
HOST, SID RUCKRIEGEL
MONDAY, MAY 29, 9 PM
Join us for this all-new, original WTVP production paying tribute to all who have given their lives for our country.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 05/29/2023 @ 9 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 05/30/2023 @ 1 AM
SEABEES ON IWO JIMA
SUNDAY, MAY 28, 6 PM
United States Naval Construction Battalions, known as the Seabees, built runways out of jungles on coral islands in the Pacific and helped the United States take the war to Japan's doorstep in WWII.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Sun, 05/28/2023 @ 6 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Wed, 05/31/2023 @ 2 AM
HEROES ON DECK: WORLD WAR II ON LAKE MICHIGAN
MONDAY, MAY 29, 8 PM
More than 100 WWII aircrafts rest on the bottom of Lake Michigan just off the Chicago shoreline. This is the story of how they got there.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 05/29/2023 @ 8 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 05/30/2023 @ 2 AM
SHRAPNEL DOWN: MY KOREAN WAR STORY
MONDAY, MAY 29, 9:30 PM
Korean War veteran Bill Rector brings his story to public television audiences using the 8mm war footage he recorded while serving during the Blockade of Wonsan and the Court of Neptune ritual.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 05/29/2023 @ 9:30 PM
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Tue, 05/30/2023 @ 1:30 AM
THE MISTY EXPERIMENT:
THE SECRET BATTLE FOR THE HO CHI MINH TRAIL
MONDAY, MAY 29, 10 PM
Experience the story of the U.S. Air Force pilots who flew one of the Vietnam War’s most dangerous air missions: searching for enemy supply transports and anti-aircraft installations along the infamous Ho Chi Minh Trail.
- WTVP-HD 47.1 - Mon, 05/29/2023 @ 10 PM